I-Smart Mini Grid Solar Power Station is an Independent and Isolated Power Station that comes in the design of mobile or embedded energy storage systems.
It serves as electricity generators interconnected to a distribution network that supplies electricity to a localized group of customers.
i-Smart Mini Grid
Advantages and Opportunities
- i-Smart Mini Grids can be used to increase the reliability of electricity supply.
- It can help bring down and stabilize the cost of power generation compared to a utility.
- The mere fact that it is generated by renewable resources such as Solar, Wind or Hydro or whichever is mainly preferred; i-Smart Mini-Grid Power Station incorporate a 90-99% renewable supply and thus reduce carbon emissions.
- Due to their small scale in nature and enhanced local ownership of physical infrastructure or management, power theft on grid systems can be reduced;
- Because of its small size, the reliability of supply is generally greater from hybrid Mini-Grid systems as compared to a single technology.
- With its decentralized and modular feature, it ensures availability of power when one system is not working.
- For areas where the grid system is not ell developed and there is a vibrant private sector, Mini-Grids can easily be adapted due to the fact that they can be efficiently connected to the grid as they expand.